compensation: Depends on Related Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Solar Innovations® Architectural Glazing Systems is a growing, vibrant company that is motivated to dramatically increase our market share in the Building Materials space by providing high quality Skylights, Glass Structures, Windows, Doors and more. While our product has an excellent reputation in the marketplace for quality and custom capabilities, we know it's our team of employees that make everything we do a reality. Solar Innovations® Architectural Glazing Systems is made up of individuals that are motivated, detailed, and creative - each with a strong sense of ownership and pride in everything we do.
We are currently seeking candidates for both Drafting (creating 2D CAD drawings for customers) and Detailing (creating part drawings and Bill of Materials) Positions.
Summary of Position
• Develop accurate and detailed submittal drawings and fabrication packages that will be utilized for layout and fabrication
• Review engineering specifications to ensure that project information is drafted accurately and in a timely manner in accordance to engineering requirements
• Identify, locate and update all appropriate product information related to the standard configurations and/or company standards for production
• Develop the ability to perform simple layouts, details, fastener lists, and create a bill of materials for fabrication using personal discretion to update and make suggestions for possible design and product improvements
• Work with architects, builders, and end users to discuss design concepts and convert ideas into final drawings
• Candidate must be organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
• 2 or 4 year degree required
• Intermediate experience with AutoCAD (2D and/or 3D) and Excel is preferred
• Strong communication and organizational skills are a must
• Attention to detail and experience with tight deadlines are crucial to success in the position
• Must be capable of taking direction and constructive criticism, and help to guide the team as a whole
• Must be flexible and willing to serve the changing needs of customers and the Company as a whole, while acting as a team player
• Experience in the construction industry a plus
Note - All candidates will be contacted to complete an online application through our Company Website, even if an application is submitted through Indeed. To apply directly for this position, please visit http://solarinnovations.com/careers/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers